Put Exercise Reminders On Your Body
- If your schedule allows it, put your athletic shoes on when you get dressed. If you have to wear something more formal, bring them with you so you can pop them on when you have a break.
- Wear a sports bra from the get-go. Don’t give yourself the excuse that you don’t want to change into it! Keep it on till it REALLY is time for bed.
- How many times a day do you look at your hands? Put a workout reminder right there. I found a silicone ring and keep it on as a visual cue reminding me I’m going to get some exercise today. The bonus is that it was more comfortable when my arms were swinging and my fingers swelled.
- An activity tracker can be a Godsend when getting into the habit. A fitness tracker is both a reminder and can motivate you to hit each next goalpost through the day! It gives a little push whenever you have a moment, and at the end of the day it prompts you to move to top off your steps to reach your daily goal.
Put Them In Your Space
- Set your favorite workout song as your alarm in the morning. Don’t put off reminding yourself. Start your day with it in your head.
- Put hand weights next to the sofa. If they’re right there, why not pick them up and pump a few?
- Make sure notifications are turned “on” for groups, apps, etc. that cue you to exercise. Use reminders apps, support groups in social media, anything you can, to prompt you with a little “ding”.
- Keep a step bench or jogging trampoline near the tv to casually keep stepping or bouncing while you watch your favorite show. Why not burn a few calories while you have to look at all those commercials for food?
- Identify a short distance you can walk when you have a spare minute. Or find a reason to go up or downstairs. Post a reminder for yourself how many steps it gives you!
- Use visual reminders to move: post-it notes, printed memes, posters – wherever it makes sense to do a quick ten (jumping jacks, etc.). There are like, thousands of memes floating around out there.
What workout reminders do you use or would you recommend? Share in the comments!